chancellery n : a government building housing the office of a chancellor
- The rank or office of a chancellor
- The building in which such an office is situated
Chancellery is the office of the chancellor, sometimes also referred to as the chancery. Both of those words have other meanings as well.
Chancellery can specifically refer to:
The term also used to refer to:
- His Imperial Majesty's Own Chancellery – an office in the 19th century Russian Empire, known for its secret department (Third Section of His Imperial Majesty's Own Chancellery)
- Royal Chancellery of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth from 16th to 18th centuries
- Party Chancellery – an office of Nazi Germany in the 20th century
- Reich Chancellery – the building in Berlin housing the Chancellor of Germany and other administrative offices of Germany during the German Empire, Weimar Republic and Nazi period
- Hitler's Chancellery (Kanzlei des Führers) – The personal chancellery of Adolf Hitler responsible for Hitler's personal affairs and requests made to Hitler directly.
aedileship, archbishopric, archiepiscopacy, archiepiscopate, aristocracy, bishopric, booking office, box office, branch, branch office, cabinet, chairmanship, chambers, chancellorate, chancellorship, chancery, chiefery, chiefry, chieftaincy, chieftainry, chieftainship, closet, consulate, consulship, corporate headquarters, deanery, den, dictatorship, dictature, directorship, embassy, emirate, episcopacy, executive office, governorship, headquarters, headship, hegemony, hierarchy, home office, leadership, legation, lordship, magistracy, magistrateship, magistrature, main office, masterdom, mastership, mastery, mayoralty, mayorship, metropolitanate, metropolitanship, nobility, office, papacy, pashadom, pashalic, patriarchate, patriarchy, pontificality, pontificate, popedom, popehood, popeship, prefectship, prefecture, premiership, presidency, presidentship, prime-ministership, prime-ministry, princedom, princeship, principality, proconsulate, proconsulship, protectorate, protectorship, provostry, provostship, rectorate, rectorship, regency, regentship, ruling class, seigniory, seneschalship, seneschalsy, sheikhdom, sheriffalty, sheriffcy, sheriffdom, shop, shrievalty, study, supervisorship, suzerainship, suzerainty, ticket office, tribunate, vizierate, viziership